Fast Forward Triathlon Pro Development Team
“Developing America’s Triathlon Champions.”
The Professional Development Team is a collaboration between Fast Forward Triathlon LLC and Inside-Out Sports that seeks to promote the sport of triathlon and achieve the highest level of competitive success by supporting America’s elite amateurs who have the potential to become internationally recognized professional champions. The Team debuted for the second half of the 2010 season and has rapidly become a force in triathlon. Earlier that year we invited to the Team 6 truly elite athletes who began this season as amateurs, and who possess impeccable credentials:
- 3 were NCAA Division-1 qualifiers in Track & Field or Cross Country
- 1 is an All-American runner and school record holder
- 3 are either USAT Age-Group or Collegiate National Champions
- 1 is an ITU World Junior Champion
- 1 had won over 20-straight amateur races
- 1 was the Inside Triathlon Magazine Amateur of the Year
And they literally hit the ground running, racking up these results in a few short months:
- 2 professional upgrades with another athlete planning to upgrade for 2011 (Nicole Kelleher and Jesse Thomas with Kristin Andrews planning on it).
- 2 top-3, and 1 top-4 podium finishes in professional races leading to a top-3 standing in the Lifetime Fitness points series (Nicole Kelleher)
- 3 qualifiers for the Forster Grant Ironman 70.3 World Championships, 1 as a professional (Morgan Anderson, Brian Duffy, Jr., and Jesse Thomas as pro)
- the female amateur course record at Ironman Lake Placid in 10:01. (Kristin Andrews)
- Silver medal in M20-24 at ITU World Championships (Brian Duffy, Jr.)
- 1st Amateur, 7th including pros, and the fastest run including pros at Escape From Alcatraz (Jesse Thomas)
Please help us support these elite athletes. Check back regularly for race recaps, previews, and to follow these elites on their journey to the top of the podium.
We thank CompuTrainer, Cervelo, TYR, TrainingPeaks, CEP, First Endurance and Rudy Project for being equally dedicated to our cause of supporting America’s triathlon future.
The mission of the Fast Forward Triathlon ProDevelopment Team presented by Inside-Out Sports is three-fold: First, to manage, serve, coach and develop elite amateur triathletes into nationally and internationally recognized professional champions, and in so doing increase the quality and depth of U.S. professionals and promote the sport of triathlon; Second, to assist it’s athletes in learning all aspects of managing their professional triathlon careers: from developing a scientific and effective training plan, to managing their travel logistics, media exposure, and business concerns; and, third, to uphold the highest standards in sportsmanship and integrity both in and out of competition.
Morgan Anderson. Palm Beach, FL.
Kristin Andrews. Bethesda, MD.
Brian Duffy, Jr. West Chester, PA.
Kathrine “Moose” Warren, Santa Barbara, CA
Erika Erickson, Berkley, CA
Jay McCurdy, Alburn, AL
Michael Pelechaty, Sylvania, OH
Colin Riley, Tallahassee, FL
GRADUATES (Members of 2010′s Inaugural Team)
Nicole Kelleher. Charlottesville, VA.
Jesse Thomas. Springfield, OR.
Ross Hartley. Pickerington, OH.
Hallie Blunck. Birmingham, AL.
Kim Campbell, Cary, NC.
Director & Head Coach: Eric Bean
Team Manager & Assistant Coach: Alex McDonald
Team Manager: Cid Cardoso, Jr.
WE THANK OUR SPONSORS
APPLYING TO THE 2011 ProDevelopment TEAM
2011 Team invitations have been sent based on USAT collegiate nationals results. If you believe you are a good fit for the team (your athletic resume, athletic background, and goals are similar to the athletes currently on the team) and would like to be considered for this year’s roster, please contact us and include a brief bio, goal statement, triathlon race resume, and significant past athletic history.